Have you been procrastinating about getting your jewelry appraised or updating and old appraisal?
Values may be inflated by the retailer on new jewelry, and if it is an older piece values change from year to year with gemstone and precious metal market prices.
Why and When should you get your jewelry appraised?
- Insurance companies often INCREASE Premiums on insured jewelry every year.
- If your past appraisal is 3 or more years old, you may be paying more on your premium than necessary based on the current condition and value.
- If you are changing insurance companies, they need detailed information.
- If you are remounting a stone or modifying an item, thus significantly altering its identity and changing its value.
- If there is volatility in the marketplace which causes severe changes of gemstones and precious metal prices.
- If you need an appraisal for another use such as a divorce, estate settlement or liquidation.
- If you are gifting or bequeathing the item.
- If you are placing the item into a trust.
The Jewelry Judge frequently mentions the term indemnity. “It’s the main purpose for an insurance replacement appraisal,” he says. “And yet we seldom hear other appraisers use the word.”
What’s indemnity, it is making a consumer whole again in case of loss. “I’ll look at the piece and describe it, to ensure there are no errors or insufficient information that would make it impossible to replace the item with one that is identical or nearly alike, as well as set a proper premium for it,” Ben says. “We ensure the appraisal is complete and adequate, so the customer can be made whole, in the event an insurance claim is made.”
An independent jewelry appraisal “While You Watch” brings:
- confidence that the buyer received what they paid for!
- confidence in knowing your jewelry never leaves your sight!
- confidence in a Master Graduate Gemologist/Appraiser.
That’s what a Jewelry Judge Appraisal Report delivers to every client. Book an Appointment Today!
Jewelry Judge Ben Gordon
5433 Westheimer Rd, Suite 606
Houston, TX 77027
713-961-1432 or www.jewelryjudgebengordon.com